Thoughts on S2E5 - The Front
If I was only given one word to describe this episode it would have to be “disappointed”. It felt like a filler (somewhat boring) blacklister episode that didn’t forward plot development.
- Liz and Red in the workshop. I understand where Liz is mentally right now but I want the old Red and Liz camaraderie back. They treat each other as if they don’t like one another but with a strange mix of comfortable interaction (Liz looking through the film). Plus side: Red to Liz, "Your safety is of great concern to me."
- Red at the DMV. Plus side: New guy is great and they need to keep him as he more than earned a recurring spot this episode. I suppose Red’s line about coming up short was a wee bit of a “joke” about the little person? Ha ha hum.
- Scene with Red, Liz, and art expert. Plus side: "Ladies, please."
- Aram’s math computations. "What? I was good at math." Sexiest geek in the world.
- Red and Aram. Their scenes together are like a falling star, rare but worth the long gaze at the sky/tv.
- Liz and Mossad-what’s-her-name confrontation. Thank you Cooper for again yelling like a “boss.”
- Liz and Aram. #Liram, my dear sweet little ship in that teeny tiny canoe that was upended not 20 minutes later. All is fine though, Liz needs a friend and Aram is the only one worthy of that task.
- Red tells Liz she’s jealous scene. Plus side: Red saying, “Oh, dear.” And "As a rule, I consider jealousy to be base emotion, but in this case, it’s quite endearing." And "I assure you, Lizzie, my quest to find this woman will in no way compromise our relationship."
- Strip tease. All I have to say is I’m thankful the writers made Liz that smart, Double!Liz. And I’m still liking Mr. Sniper.
- Red at the DMV again = enjoyable.
- More screen time for Aram! Thank you! Amir is amazing! Of all the secondary characters, he’s by far the best and offers the most with regards to acting ability and character interest. He was given very little last year, ran with it, and is a perfect example of what an exemplary actor can do when given a chance.
- Aram on the phone with Red regarding Liz. I hope this continues, Aram giving side info to Red, and Aram helping Liz by breakig the rules.
- Side note: Ressler continues to get less screen time while Mossad-what’s-her-name continues to get a push. I wonder if this will equal out in future episodes or if a decision has been made. I’m still indifferent toward Mossad but she is the best actor between the two; however, the development of the minor characters takes time away from the main draw and I find myself saying, “Okay, let’s move on.” (With the exception of Aram, of course).
- Liz with Mossad. Um, really? It was clearly established Liz didn’t trust this woman and now she’s telling her personal information, after we learned Liz has the warrior gene no less. Sure, makes lots of sense. And nipple cards? Ha ha hum. No, just no. Also, as pekingese333 mentioned, when has Liz ever lamented about not being a mother? I’m sure she was upset about the adoption but this seemed off with Dark!Liz who is living on the edge. Plus side: "… I find myself feeling possessive… possessive of him, jealous of this girl he’s trying to protect."
- Red and the bottle tree. No idea what the key is for and can’t bring myself to care. There was probably a clue in Red’s story but I didn’t pay close enough attention to notice, and we know Red’s had an agenda with each blacklister so far…
- Hospital scene. What I noticed most was Red squinting at the iphone, very cute. The song that played during this scene is by Cloud Cult and is titled “The Baby-You Were Born”[Link to lyrics], and I wonder if this is the same song Red played for Liz. Plus side: He held her hand, stroked her fingers, but the scene didn’t invoke the emotion I was hoping for, but he knew she was safe, blah, blah.
- Red watching his daughter, the bubble girl. Mr. Spader kills me with these scenes. All the awards.
- Aram and Mossad. Amir has very nice hands, very well manicured. And I suppose an argument could me made for Aram+Mossad and Red+Liz.
- Liz at the nursery. I assume this scene shows her loss in correlation to Red’s.
- Red finding the woman. Berlin’s daughter? Jennifer? Is Jennifer his daughter? Will we ever know? At some point will we stop caring?
annalitwak asked: Is he crying or it's just my eyes? OMG, it would be SO SURREAL hauhauhauahuahua
It appears there could be tears and if one falls, it will be the first time we’ve seen Red actually shed a tear (rather than having tear filed eyes).
I’m hoping for a kiss to her hand or face. Crosses fingers and waits though that may be too soon given its only S2; however, this show doesn’t follow the rules for relationship engagement (remembering the embrace in Ivan, S1).
tsofli1 asked: how many hours until the episode begins?
7 hours and 35 minutes tsofli1. Far too long with these images on our minds!
Anonymous asked: Can you please tell me what aram said to red on the phone. My phone is having speaker problems.
Aram says, “I’m calling about Agent Keen. They’ve been infected.”